Scout Group Information
Scouts love our Asheville Treetops Adventure Park and our Zipline course.
ATAP is the largest Western North Carolina aerial challenge course in the trees that has over 60 unique climbing, rolling, walking, jumping, swinging, and rappelling challenges anchored to over 30 trees and towering poles tucked into a wooded park.
There are 5 different adventure trails ranging from beginner to challenging levels with several elements that are representative of the activities you can do in North Carolina including a sky kayak, a parkway tunnel, a snowboard in the sky, swinging hula hoops, bumper boats and a zip hang glider, all in the trees that make this a "Truly Asheville Adventure."
We use a new technology called "smart belays" that, when used properly, are designed to assure Park Guests are attached to safety systems at all times and cannot detach from the system until they have completed the aerial trail and are back on the ground. Guests can explore freely knowing the safety system monitors their attachments and is designed to not allow accidental unclipping from the safety points. It is an active adventure that incorporates physical fitness and personal accomplishment.
Our Zipline course has 3 group options- a full tour, an express tour and our Skyline Tour. With experienced rangers, zip from platform to platform manually controlling your speed. As you start any of the trips, you will practice your “zipping” form on the ground, then head up to our “bunny slopes.” Finish your tour with 1,200 foot side by side zip lines that you can zip down with a friend.
While expanding your comfort zone, each person is supporting and planning with others in the team, developing positive relationships, enhancing cooperation and trust and inspiring positive changes.
The Adventure Center is the best outdoor experiential field trip for:
- listening to instructions then applying what you have learned
- using small motor skills, as well as incorporating physical fitness balance and strength
- personal development, self-confidence
- cooperation with others, becoming a team member
- stepping out of your comfort zone in a controlled environment
- team bonding including encouragement and help for others, communication, support and leadership, and connection with others
- decision making based on completion of challenge element
- problem solving skills leading to accomplishment
- a fun outdoor activity with a challenge
What we offer:
- a discounted rate for groups of 10 or more
- escorts and/or monitors required depending on age and activity
- bring your own meals or snacks
- ACA patches are available
Nowhere in Asheville are there so many different outdoor activities in one place that offer personal growth and discovery. Guests are encouraged to expand their personal comfort zones, increase their self confidence, and support others challenged to do the same. We offer opportunities to move from good to great friends, team members, or leaders as guests literally climb to new heights!
Sarah L. Dickson, Group Sales Coordinator
"Cub Scouts loved the Adventure Park/Ropes Course"
We took 10 Cub Scouts and their Dads through the Ropes Course. There were courses for all levels of adventure. The staff were friendly and patient with the kids. We definitely recommend the adventure park for kids!