Asheville Treetops Adventure Park Rules for Participation
- Climbers must be at least 4 years old, certain ages require an adult escort.
Please see chart below.
- Climbers must be 265 lbs. or less
- Climbers must have closed toed shoes that are secure and protect the feet.
- Climbers must attend training on safety gear, course equipment and structures within the park.
- Climbers must demonstrate the ability to perform specific transfer tasks independently.
- Climbers must be able to read, understand, and accept all park and ranger instructions in English.
- Climbers that are 18 years and older may escort or supervise younger climbers.
- Climbers must only use trails designated as appropriate based on age restrictions.
- Climbers must limit access to the course to authorized times during operating hours.
- Climbers must remain clipped to the safety system at all times while climbing on the course.
- Climbers must accept all risks involved in participation and sign a release of liability waiver
- Climbers must use equipment and gear properly as instructed and required by manufacturer.
(Climbers under 18 years must have waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.)
Purple Course is designed to build confidence. We encourage kids to do this course several times until the majority of the group has started a course. This allows less pressure while attempting the higher courses and have more confidence from successfully completing the purple course.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING DEFINITIONS:
- Monitor: Adult (18+) actively observing progress, success, and safety (from the ground or on the same trail)
- Escort: Adult (18+) climbing with participant with ration of 1 adult-1 youth or 1 adult-2 youth as outlined on the Age Requirements
- Independent: Permitted to climb/ride without adult supervision or access restrictions