Asheville Treetops Adventure Park Rules for Participation
- Climbers must be at least 4 years old, certain ages require an adult escort.
Please see chart below.
- Climbers must be 265 lbs. or less
- Climbers must have closed toed shoes that are secure and protect the feet.
- Climbers must attend training on safety gear, course equipment and structures within the park.
- Climbers must demonstrate the ability to perform specific transfer tasks independently.
- Climbers must be able to read, understand, and accept all park and ranger instructions in English.
- Climbers that are 18 years and older may escort or supervise younger climbers.
- Climbers must only use trails designated as appropriate based on age restrictions.
- Climbers must limit access to the course to authorized times during operating hours.
- Climbers must remain clipped to the safety system at all times while climbing on the course.
- Climbers must accept all risks involved in participation and sign a release of liability waiver
- Climbers must use equipment and gear properly as instructed and required by manufacturer.
(Climbers under 18 years must have waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.)
*The Purple Course is designed to build confidence in children ages 4-6. We encourage kids this age to try the Purple Trail several times before the majority of the group has started the other trails of the Treetops Park. This course is designed to build confidence and decrease pressure for these kids when they attempt the higher courses.
Monitored: Adult (18+) actively observing progress, success, and safety (from the ground or on the same trail) as outlines on the Age Requirement chart
Escort: Adult (18+) climbing with participant with ration of 1 adult-1 youth or 1 adult-2 youth as outlined on the Age Requirement chart
Independent: permitted to climb and explore the course without adult supervision or access restrictions